Title IX protects people from discrimination based on sex in education programs or activities that receive Federal financial assistance.
Title IX states that:
No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.
Learn more about Title IX and Sex Discrimination enforced by the Office for Civil Rights (OCR) at U.S. Department of Education.
- Bullying (BP 5131.2)
- Nondiscrimination/Harassment (BP 5145.3)
- Sexual Harassment (BP 5145.7)
- Extracurricular and Co-curricular Activities (BP 6145)
For Classified/Certificated Staff and Job Applicants:
- Sexual Harassment (BP 4119.11)
- Sexual Harassment (BP 4219.11)
- Sexual Harassment (BP 4319.11)
- Complaints Concerning Discrimination in Employment (AR 4031)
- Nondiscrimination in Employment (BP 4030)
- Civil and Legal Rights (BP 4119.1)
As part of Title IX, schools and districts publish specific information on their website:
Click Here for the entire report outlining female and male participation rates in our Athletic Program.
For additional information, please visit SMUHSD at: